The Activities of the Association
The FERCI strives to achieve this goal through the following activities:
- Improving communication among Ethics Committees (ECs)
- To assist Ethics Committees in India to get accredited with National / International agencies
- Reviewing biomedical research in the country
- Acting as national collaborating agency for ethics review committees
- Orginising meetings workshops and symposia on ethics review process
- Assisting with the development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures for ethical review in the country
- Taking into consideration the WHO Operational Guidelines for Ethics Committees Reviewing Biomedical Research.
- Facilitating training and education opportunities for members of ECs in the country
- Coordinating national communications and responses on the subject of the ethical review of biomedical research with other global bodies like WHO UNAIDS CIOMS UNESCO and other international organization involved in ethical review such as FERCAP, FLACEIS, PABIN, FICCIS, FOCUS etc.
- Editing and publishing journals, books magazines, documents and other publication for promoting ethical review of biomedical research.